To review material modifications and their effective dates scroll to the bottom of the page.
1. Privacy Statement; Collection of Personal Information.
A. American Panel Corporation, Inc.. (“APC”) owns and operates this website. All references to “we”, ”us”, this “website” or this “site” shall be construed to mean APC.
3. Collection of Anonymous, Passive Information. We reserve the right to monitor your use of this site. As you navigate through this site, certain anonymous information may be passively collected (that is, gathered without your actively providing the information) using various technologies, such as cookies, Internet tags or web beacons, and navigational data collection (log files, server logs, click stream). The following is a listing and a brief explanation of passive information collection methodologies which we may use from time to time to better understand how this site is being used.
A. A “cookie” is a text file that this site sends to your browser in the form of a text file The information generated by the cookie about your use of this site (including your IP address) will be transmitted to and stored. Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but they usually can be modified to decline cookies if you prefer; however, certain features of this site might not work without cookies.
B. “Session” cookies are temporary bits of information that are used to improve navigation, block visitors from providing information where inappropriate (the site “remembers” previous entries of age or country of origin that were outside the specified parameters and blocks subsequent changes), and collect aggregate statistical information on the site. They are erased once you exit your Web browser or otherwise turn off your computer.
C. “Persistent” cookies are more permanent bits of information that are placed on the hard drive of your computer and stay there unless you delete the cookie. Persistent cookies store information on your computer for a number of purposes, such as retrieving certain information you have previously provided, helping to determine what areas of the site you may find most valuable, and customizing the site based on your preferences on an ongoing basis. Persistent cookies placed by this site in your computer do not hold personal information.
D. You can set your browser to accept all cookies, to reject all cookies, or to notify you whenever a cookie is offered so that you can decide each time whether to accept it. To learn more about cookies and how to specify your preferences, please search for “cookie” in the “Help” portion of your browser.
E. An Internet Protocol (IP) address is a number assigned to your computer by your Internet service provider so you can access the Internet and is generally considered to be non personally identifiable information, because in most cases an IP address is dynamic (changing each time you connect to the Internet), rather than static (unique to a particular user’s computer). The IP address can be used to diagnose problems with a server, report aggregate information, determine the fastest route for your computer to use in connecting to a site, and administer and improve the site.
F. “Internet tags” (also known as Web Beacons, single pixel GIFs, clear GIFs, invisible GIFs, and 1by1 GIFs) are smaller than cookies and tell the Web site server information such as the IP address and browser type related to the visitor’s computer. Tags may be placed both on online advertisements that bring people to the site and on different pages of the site. Such tags indicate how many times a page is opened and which information is consulted.
G. “Navigational data” (log files, server logs, and click stream data) are used for system management, to improve the content of the site, market research purposes, and to communicate information to visitors.
4. Use and Sharing of Anonymous, Passive Information. This site may make full use of passively collected anonymous information, including without limitation the right to use such information to provide better service to site visitors, customize the site based on your preferences, compile and analyze statistics and trends, and otherwise administer and improve this site for your use. We reserve the right to share this anonymous, passive information in aggregated form.
5. Use of 3rd Party Cookies. We reserve the right to use web analytics services provided by third parties. These services use 3rd party cookies to collect anonymous, passive information about your use of this site (see explanation of cookies in Collection of Anonymous, Passive Information above). We use this information for the purpose of evaluating your use of this site, compiling reports on website activity, and providing other services. These web analytics services may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on the service’s behalf.
6. Collection of Personal Information; Categories. We will ask you for personal information when you sign up for any specific benefit or purpose that requires registration. Personal information that we collect may vary with the each registration, and it may include one or more of the following categories: name, email address, mailing address, and telephone number.